Thursday 12 January 2012

TV Listing Magazine Cover - Planning

For my soap (The Secrets Within), I am going to produce the front cover of a TV listings magazine. In order to produce this magazine, I will be using Adobe Photoshop as well as Microsoft Word. Through carrying out my own research on TV listings magazines, I have developed an idea of the common conventions used and so will be using these to create my magazine cover. Below is a summary of the conventions I noted whist carrying out my research, which I will try to apply to my own magazine cover:
  • Large bold text – to attract the readers.
  • Sub-headings – to provide readers with a small insight into the current storylines for different soaps.
  • Bright bold colours – to attract readers and effectively get across the message of my soap.
  • Price – clearly display the price of my soap so that readers can know how much the magazine will cost them.
  • Magazine logo – to show readers which company produces the magazine
  • Pictures – to give audiences a little sneak peak of what is coming up in the following week.
  • Other soaps – to show a glimpse of the storylines in other soaps.
  • The use of questions – to leave the audience questioning and thinking what will happen next in the soaps presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment